Our Response to God
I was not able to finish my message last Sunday as I had planned, as I felt prompted by the Spirit to finish with my commitment to Christ Church, Exmouth. However, if you go to the Church's website, and open the powerpoint presentation, you will see from my notes that I expect God's people to respond as a UNITED PEOPLE. You may want to change, add or delete some of the points I've raised, that's alright. The aim of the notes is to help you to think about what God expects from all of us, as disciples of Christ, being led and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
We should expect that all Christians, as disciples of Christ, must play their full part and witness in the life of Christ Church. To fulfill this duty, I call upon you to:
- follow the example of Christ in home and daily life, and to bear personal witness for the glory of God.
- be regular in private prayer and to read and study the Bible carefully, and follow God’s commandments
- use the spiritual gifts to build up God’s family
- worship on Sunday, as a church family, and daily in your life
- give financially with a thankful and glad heart do the work of Christ Church, Exmouth, and for the work of the Church around the world
- uphold the standard of marriage entrusted by Christ to His Church
- care that children and youth are brought up to love and serve the Lord
- accept the loving, healthy and godly discipline of the leadership, if necessary, coming under the loving care and direction of the Minister
Please, take time to pray for each one of those points, as you consider them in the light of Scripture and the commitments in the CCE Vision.
Please click here to access the sermons.
Bishop Josep Rosselló