Moving Forward - My Newsletter - Issue 3
It has been already a couple of months since our last newsletter. The Lord has been so gracious to our family in the last year. Here, we are closer to Christmas and to the end of another year.
It has been such a joy to serve Christ Church, Exmouth. The Lord has encouraged us to believe in this new chapter of our lives in England. I felt the Lord has been saying that it is also a new chapter; even more, a new book in Christ Church life. In fact, we have seen an increase in outreach and training opportunities.
Sunday Services has seen an increase in attendance. The Romans series has been welcomed positively by the congregation. If you want to hear the sermons, you are able to access here.
At the same time, I have been able to encourage others to think about church-planting and church growth. This is possible through your constant support to the Nehemiah Fund. These are some of the things that I have been doing in this front.
- I have been in conversation through phone and Skype with a young man that is planning to plant a new church with IPC (International Presbyterian Church).
- I spoke on the Mission Life Grace Conference in the summer. You may want to hear the talks here: http://www.missionlifegrace.net/audio?c=0&a=10022
- I continue being in contact with some of the pastors and share ideas about church-planting and church-growth, and looking venues that I may be able to help them.
- I have met with the Leadership Team of a Church of England parish church near to Southampton, interested to plant a new church in their parish area.
- I have been mentoring and coaching pioneers church-planters that there are starting two new churches in two different cities in the North of England.
- I am leading and coaching a couple to start a new work through a home-group and outreach near Oxford. This is the first initiative that follows The Connexion Project strategy. This aims to launch new pioneering work through small groups. This has been successfully used in Spain, the USA, and South America.
I will be going to Brazil to visit the South American Diocese. Hopefully, I will be visiting 8 cities and traveling almost 4500 miles in three weeks. I appreciate your prayers. Sadly, I won't be visiting Venezuela on this occasion, because of the political uncertainty.
Did you know…
Patrice, Natalia and I have been already seven months in England.
In the 90s, I lived in North Devon.
Natalia has settled well in her new school, and it is reading in English. She is the top reader in her classroom.
We have seen growth in Christ Church, Exmouth, since we have arrived in April.
Selling our house in Brazil.
Patrice’s English exam towards her GP studies.
My Episcopal Visit to Brazil in November.
Financial support for the Nehemiah Fund.
New opportunities to share the gospel with friends and neighbours.
Will you consider to support my work?
I would like you to consider supporting my work in England and beyond if you feel you will like to get involved in this work. Please, consider giving a monthly donation of £10, £20 or £50 to the Nehemiah Fund.
Christ Church Exmouth
Reference: Nehemiah Fund
Short code: 40-20-32
Account no: 41528688
Thank you so much for your prayers and financial support.